Sunday 3 March 2013

CGI part 1

The Start for CGI was way back in the 1977 with Star Wars: IV a new hope. I remember watching this when I was little and thinking that it was awesome and where is 1,2,3 of the star wars episodes were but in a 4,5,6 they had very good CGI of that time with the lasers and light sabres.
 However on Youtube now there are tutorials on most film editing software to make light sabres, and this is awesome but also when I re-watch these films I go "I know how they did this" ect and it loses the magic of the film, but it's still a good film with great CGI.

The Other side of CGI is in the form of 3D animation back when you needed about 3 super computers to make the animation compared to modern day with just a laptop. This first form of 3d animation and CGI and it was 'Adventures of Andre & Wally.B'  This is only a short film but it is very good since it was made back in 1984 and it is at the same level of my animation which I have made for my project but it just goes to show that time can't really affect CGI or 3d animation just the skill at which you can use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment