Tuesday 30 October 2012

During our module we have to look at Concept Artists and say why we choose them.
    I thought a good place to start would be with Video Game Art. Assassin's Creed came to mind with the design for Ezio (main character/ protagonist) for the recent games.
   This Concept artwork was done by Jeff Simpson. Why do I like this piece of work? Firstly the Medieval look and style I like because it's a era which fascinates me. Secondly from the idea on the right, to the final design on the left so much has changed. However I do like the orange on the right and would have kept it because it adds a warmer colour to the design and is not so plain/dull. Finally, the detail on the final design (left) is awesome especially the fur on the shoulder.









This is Art from X-COM:unknown enemy which is a recent game it's art was done by Piero Macgowan and I like it because of the factories and buildings, for a set of the world my character will live in.




My Character is set in the Steampunk era which I think will be interesting so i finding these artists it has helped helped to inspire my character.

Well as you can see this is my moon board for ideas. Jerad Marantz did the concept art for the film Sucker Punch, by Zack Snyder, these characters really inspired me because they look awesome because of the whole Steampunk style and this is what I'm kind of looking for. However they are too mechanical for my character. Next is Tom Zhao and I like his character because he looks like an engineer and from the looks of him is half human and half robot/ mechanical which I think I will incorporate in my character. Finally Remko Troost, all I can say is that's so cool in my eyes and the level of detail is good. I wish I could photoshop like that but it will take a very long time!
The rest of the pictures are resource images, left Victorian clothing and then from Firefly Path a very interesting costume.
So from all these ideas this is my (headless) character created by photo montaging to get a rough idea of what he will look like before drawing him out.

Happy for comments to be left for ideas and improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment