Monday 10 December 2012

Group video - Music

Seeing that I'm editing I've got to find music which will be fitting to the theme which is guilt; straight away the song 'Mad world' by tears for fears comes to mind however this is too upbeat for the theme but the one done by Gary Jules is better.



This music works well because it's slow and the piano adds more emotion. The next one is 'Hurt' by Jonny Cash.

I think this piece is amazing and I would love to use it, however I can't because of Copyright.

From these two songs, I've got a feel of what type of music I need for our film, something which is slow and powerful along with a piano playing to give more emotion.

Lately we had a lecture about film and the topic about Alfred Hitchcock who was a legend in his time, and he said along the lines of that if the picture without sound can't tell the story its not effective enough and I would agree because the picture and sound of a film are 50% each and therefore need to be as good as each other, but also the fact if you can't get the story from looking then the sound won't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment