Sunday 19 May 2013

Artist Shane Pierce

He is one of my top favourite concept artist's because he create's these beautiful world which I want to explore!
This one is a street corner cafe and straight away I want to know what that machine is? I really like the creating of the atmosphere with the painterly detail.

Shane created a lot of the Gears of War 3 and a bit of Gears of War 2 and while most video games are limited with narrow halls ways and defined corridors, but Gears of War 3 can let the player stand back and look at the scenery and stunning visuals, with crumbling builds and their architecture.
Shane starts with getting words or a description from the designers, then takes a few hours to piece together some rough ideas. Shane said this as well "Gear's 3 progress went really, really fast, so there wasn't much irritation"

I really like his futuristic/ cyber punk concept and would really like to give it a go and build a game level from my own designs over summer.





This was so cool in game and I love that he did this concept of the writers idea.











No comments:

Post a Comment