Thursday 16 May 2013

Paranorman

Straight away this is a amazing film and a must watch. It was made by a small stock-motion company LAIKA, who made Coraline. Paranorman is about a small town which comes under attack by zombies, straight away I thought "yay, another zombie film, great"(sarcasm), but this was a film which really surprised me in the way the story is told because new children's films are about fast action to keep the attention of the child but Paranorman has faith on its own speed and time to let key development sink in, which worked really well. The protagonist Norman is a misunderstood boy who can talk to the dead and has to save the town from a curse with a better version of a "scooby-doo" group/gang with his sister, friend Neil, Neil's brother, and the school bully. During the film when I thought I had figured out what was going to happen next it threw a major twist and without spoilers I can almost say this is one of my favourite films and takes on a different approach to zombie films, and a must watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment