Saturday 11 May 2013

'Joy' - Yap Kun Rong

Yap Kun Rong is a Concept Artist, who I have only found recently. His work is very colourful and vibrant, with an oriental feel.


I really like this picture above because the amount of colour he has used, and the impact it has on you, I find it interesting because he has set the scene with a left to right movement brought about by the use of the flags radiating from the building, portraying the mood well. There is a definite feeling of celebration, emphasised by the fair ground type colours.
  In the above picture I really like the lanterns which are hanging up in the background, the mood being very happy illistrated by the use of colours especial the reds, blues and greens, being bright and vibrant  with nothing dark at all. This means when I do my level which is set at night I must make sure its bright and colourful!

This picture really caught my eye because it's a festival, and I'm trying to create a level which is a festival. This image is a great source material for me, however I've set my level in the Medieval period so there will be a lot of changes because the majority of objects in this picture are modern and therefore can't be used in my scene which is unfortunate.  Within this image, there are many things happening and there are considerable amounts of lights used, therefore reflecting back to the original point of having my level bright, this can be sorted by the use of lots of lights which will also create, a crowded but fun atmosphere.


No comments:

Post a Comment