Saturday 18 May 2013

The Amazing Spider-Man

I had my doubts about this film, because it felt like "Sony" had to keep the ownership of the character Spider-Man. I did enjoy the film but it felt incredibly rushed out, and the first half of the movie was boring and was almost exactly like the first Spider-Man film, with similar scenes but with Gwen Stacy instead of Mary Jane. The way they portrayed the character Spider-Man in this film is more like the one in the comics which I like. The things I disliked about this movie was Peter's Dad Just so happens to be a genius scientist and his ex partner just so happens to be Curt Connors aka the Lizard who just so happens to be working at Oscorp which turned Peter into the Spider-Man, but also Gwen (love interest) is Curt Conor's assistant, all I can say is "Wow! Could this be any more rushed? or just bad world building?"
They also played around with Uncle Ben's death and when watching this it felt like it had lost it's meaning because it was meant to be dramatic and heavy but this was not the case in this film.
Final thing was how the Lizard wanted to take over the world and turn people into lizards just because... there is nothing! This really annoys me because lack of backstory and attention to detail which you don't realise watching first time but do pick up on maybe the third time just shows that this was rushed, and jumping to conclusions just to finish the film in my opinion.


Overall it's not a bad film, I have seen worse, It's good for the SGI and action packed.  I feel it was let down by the backstory and the being rushed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment